Site Photos

0.01_Aerial.Photo_Historical_Morrison's.IslandAerial Photo: Morrison’s Island (Circa 1960’s), prior to construction of Trinity footbridge. Morrison’s Island has south facing quays (Fr. Mathew Quay and Morrison’s Quay) on the south channel of the river Lee in Cork city. The site was originally an island known as Dunbar’s Marsh. The site sits next to the heart of the Cork business district, the South Mall. To the south of Morrison’s Island on the opposite side of the river is the South Parish.
0.14_Morrison´s.QuayMorrison’s Quay (Right), Union Quay (Left) Holy Trinity Church (Background). View looking west.
0.02_Morrison's.Quay+Union.Quay_South.ChannelHistorical Photograph of Morrison’s Quay (Left) and Union Quay and Cotter’s Quay (Right). View looking east.
0.05_Trinity.FootbridgeTrinity Bridge (To be replaced), Cork College of Commerce (Background)
0.03_Trinity.FootbridgeTrinity Bridge (To be replaced), Cork College of Commerce (Left). Cork School of Music (Right Centre)
0.01_Father.Mathew.QuayHistoric Limestone Quay Walls on Fr. Mathew Quay with adhoc railing and kerbing from the 1960s. George’s Quay (Left). Parliament Bridge (Background Centre)
Morrisons_IslandHistoric Limestone Quay Walls on Fr. Mathew Quay with adhoc railing and kerbing from the 1960s. Holy Trinity Church  (Architect Walter G. Doolin – 1889)
0.04a_Holy.Trinity_Church(Construction)_Fr.MathewQuay_South.ChannelHistorical Photograph of Fr. Mathew Quay with limestone bollards and active riverside engagement. Holy Trinity Church  (Architect Walter G. Doolin – 1889)
0.04_Holy.Trinity_Church(Construction)_Fr.MathewQuay_South.ChannelHistorical Photograph of Fr. Mathew Quay (circa 1900) with limestone bollards and active riverside engagement. The beautiful steps down to the water still exist. Holy Trinity Church under construction.  (Architect Walter G. Doolin – 1889)